Hello! My name is Tina Toedt. This year I am teaching 4th grade at Chapel Hill Christian School South, and I am really looking forward to the opportunity! The Lord has blessed me with being able to be with this group of children for the third year in a row now, and believe it or not, there are a few I have not had the pleasure of teaching yet. Our class theme this year will be “Mrs. Toedt’s Tropics: Island of the Son.” Fourth graders will be reaching some new milestones this year, and I feel it is a privilege to be able to journey with them “at such a time as this.”
I am originally from the Chicago, IL suburbs, where I have done the bulk of my teaching. I have a Bachelor’s of Science degree from Western Illinois University and my Master’s degree from National Louis University. As of this year I will have taught for a total of 35 years, from Preschool through Grade 6. It is my calling, and I thank God for entrusting me with His children.
I have been married for 37 years to my wonderful husband Chris. We moved to Ohio 5 years ago to be near our 3 grandchildren, our daughter Christina and her husband Adam. We have also been blessed with two other children. Elise and her husband Darin live in Minneapolis, MN, and our son Josh lives in Venice Beach, California. Last month we all vacationed together on a cruise to the Western Caribbean! We love being together whenever possible.
As your child’s fourth grade teacher I hope to facilitate his/her love of Jesus Christ as we learn more about Him, Learn to respect and understand that all students have been created to learn differently and have varying abilities, and create a classroom community that truly cares about each and every one of it’s members.What’s Special About This Grade?
- Students begin to show more responsibility and independence.
- Students enjoy working with others in order to meet a common goal.
- They become good problem solvers.
- They are expressive, talkative, and like to explain.
- Outreach to a local Assisted Living.
- Theater trip to see a literature-based play.
- Field trip to a historic living history village.
- Field trip to a local pet shelter.
- Science Center
- 4th Grade Bonding at Mrs. Maher’s
- Learn all 50 States and Capitals.
- Ohio History
- The Launch of our new CIA Reading Program!
- Writing: Informative, Narrative, and Persuasive.
- IXL.com (math)