My name is Susan Kupchella, and it’s my pleasure to be your child’s school librarian. I am excited to partner with you in developing lifelong readers who are well-equipped to flourish in the current information age.
I attended The Ohio State University and Kent State University to earn a Bachelor of Science in Education with specialization in education of the gifted, and I’ve done some graduate work in Library and Information Science at Kent State.
My husband and I have four grown sons, all of whom received an excellent education at CHCS and CVCA. One of my favorite parts of bringing up children was reading with them! We enjoyed so many wonderful books that I knew being a school librarian would be a perfect fit for me!
What’s special about library classes?
- Library classes help our students develop basic literacy skills and improve their ability to find relevant, appropriate information.
- Each grade builds into its program many reasons to check out books from our library. We can help your children find books within their reading level to meet their information needs and also to read for pleasure.
- Studies show that schools with well-staffed libraries develop students with higher reading scores and better academic skills than those without.
- Each year we hold a school spelling bee for 4th, 5th and 6th graders and send one student to the Scripps Spelling Bee for Summit County.
- Every other year we host a Spring Book Fair to promote literacy and earn new books for our library.
- https://chcs.follettdestiny.com/ Browse our library catalog!
- https://www.overdrive.com/libraries Check out free e-books for your Kindle or e-reader by using your public library card!
- www.akronlibrary.org Akron Public Library
- http://www.smfpl.org/ Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
- https://www.hudsonlibrary.org/ Hudson Library and Historical Society
- kentfreelibrary.org Kent Free Library
- https://cuyahogafallslibrary.org/ Cuyahoga Falls Library
Major events of the year: