Hello, my name is Kristina Robertson. I am so excited to be teaching the 5th grade class this year! It’s amazing to think that God knew from the very beginning of time that I would have these specific students at this time. I love the idea that I can walk their journey with them as they grow spiritually, academically, and physically.
I grew up near Cleveland, Ohio and graduated from CVCA. My mom has been a kindergarten teacher my whole life, so I grew up loving school! I always said I wanted to be a teacher, so I went to Moody Bible Institute in Chicago to learn how. While I was there, I married my best friend, and God directed our paths back to Ohio. I thought that was because I was going to help CHCS with Preschool, but that was only for a few months! I now see that God wanted to connect me with you in the 5th grade, and I am so delighted to get to know you more. My favorite subjects are Bible, Math, and Language Arts (but I really like them all)! I am also currently working on obtaining my Master’s degree in Educational Leadership.
Most of all, I love discovering how each of the subjects teaches me more about God. I am always learning new things about Him, the world He created, and how I am to live in it. We will be doing some fun things with the books we read, the Math we learn, the experiments we conduct, and the field trips we take. I hope you’ll join me on this exciting adventure!What’s Special About This Grade?
- Students continue to grow in responsibility and independence.
- Students are provided with ample opportunity to experience being both a servant and leader in our school and local community.
- Nature Walk at Cleveland Botanical Gardens
- Underground Railroad Simulation at Hale Farm
- Reading Buddies Field Trip to the Theater
- Columbus Trip to visit the Ohio Statehouse and COSI
- Science experiments
- Memorize the States, Capitals, and Presidents
- Book Clubs
- www.xtramath.org (Math Fact practice)
- https://www.50states.com/ (States information)
- www.noredink.com (English Grammar review)
- www.spellingcity.com (Spelling games)
- www.abcya.com (Educational games)