Hello, my name is Heather Bogan. I am excited for this upcoming school year and the chance to teach your child at Chapel Hill Christian School. God has blessed me with this opportunity to teach Language Arts and Social Studies. I hope to instill a love of learning and stir creativity about these subjects, as well as a desire to learn more about God.
I grew up on a dairy farm in the small town of Sandy Lake, Pennsylvania. I attended Geneva College, where I received an excellent education that prepared me for teaching children. I graduated with a B.S. in Elementary Education, a B.S. in Special Education, with a concentration in Reading. For three years, I taught 4th Grade Language Arts in Pennsylvania. In July of 2016, I married my husband, Pete, and moved to Canton, Ohio.
As a Language Arts teacher, I hope to develop a greater fluency rate, comprehension, and a love of words for each child; and my desire is that each student will grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ as well. I love teaching fourth grade, and encouraging your child to grow spiritually and academically. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.What’s Special About This Grade?
- Students begin to show more responsibility and independence.
- Students enjoy working with others in order to meet a common goal.
- September field trip to Ramseyer Farm for the “Ohio Maze”
- Theater to see a literature based play
- Akron Fossil and Science Center trip to learn about fossils and God’s creation
- Learn all 50 States and Capitals
- Ohio History
- Informative Writing
- Narrative Writing
- Persuasive Writing