My name is Ashlee Miller, and I am the vocal music teacher at Chapel Hill Christian School. I grew up in Kent, Ohio and graduated from Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy. At that time, I moved to New York where I attended Houghton College and obtained my undergraduate degree in Music Education and my Masters in Vocal Performance. Through God’s wonderful plan, I am back in Northeast Ohio doing what I love!
I accepted Christ at a young age and have been growing in my walk with Him ever since. I realized I was gifted musically around sixth grade and began to foster that talent. It was always a joy to use it at my church. I am so excited that I get to encourage this love for music and ministry in my classroom at CHCS. My desire is that each student be equipped to be involved in worship at their local church whether from the front or singing enthusiastically in the congregation. God made us His instruments, and I desire that each student would view him/herself uniquely created for this purpose.What’s special about this class?
Music is a time for students to actively participate in the creative process from learning to read notes, understanding meter and tempo, composing, singing, and actively listening.
There are 2 different choirs for the older students. Vocal Ensemble is the auditioned choir for 5th and 6th grade students. It meets once a week, and these students perform at Christmas time and at our sporting events as well as the Spring Concert. Joyful Praise is a gospel choir open to all 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. They perform at local churches during the Spring and at the Spring Concert. All students Pre-K-6th grade are encouraged to join Spring Choir to perform the musical at the Spring Concert.Major Events of the Year:
- Annual Fund Dinner-Joyful Praise performs at in the Fall
- Christmas Chapel- all major music ensembles perform the final day before Christmas Break
- Christmas Concerts- Vocal Ensemble performs a Christmas musical at local nursing homes and on The Word radio station
- Cavs Game- Vocal Ensemble performs the National Anthem
- Spring Concert- Pre-K through 6th grade perform a musical for a fantastic night of worship
- Rubber Ducks game- Vocal Ensemble performs the National Anthem