Our mission is to “build a solid foundation for future generations through quality Christian education”. We have been successfully fulfilling our mission for more than forty years thanks to each employee who serves at CHCS! We are seeking men and women who know Jesus Christ as their personal savior and feel they have been called to utilize their God given abilities to reach youths for Christ. We accept applications at any time and keep them on file for one year.
Faculty Positions Available:
- Chapel Hill Christian School – South Campus
All applicants must be born again Christians who are active in a local church. Please send a completed application to: Linda Wise, Principal, Chapel Hill Christian School, 1639 Killian Rd., Akron, OH 44312. Applications may also be submitted to the school office to Mrs. Wise’s attention.
Principal – South Campus:
Chapel Hill Christian School is a two-campus, Pre-school-3 – 6th grade with an enrollment of 500 students. We are located in North and South Summit County, Ohio, near Akron. Our mission is Christ’s greatest commandment for Christ’s Great Commission; Mark 12:30-31, Matthew 28:18-20. Since its founding in 1966, Chapel Hill Christian School, in partnership with the home and the Church, exists to inspire students to love God and love one another, to reach their highest potential academically, spiritually, socially and physically, and to be launched into God’s designed future with the skills and spiritual maturity necessary to experience success. Our vision is to create an environment where their God-given uniqueness is celebrated, and students are taught to value a passionate commitment to academic excellence, Biblical worldview and service for Christ. Life-long friendships, caring teachers, and a disciplined learning environment are keys to the success of CHCS.
Chapel Hill Christian School seeks a South Campus Principal for its 225 students for the 2020-2021 school year. Through the integration of a Biblical worldview, our Principal will inspire our faculty, staff, students and families to excellence in their academic endeavors and in their individual and corporate walk with Jesus Christ.
The Principal oversees the academic program and maintains a standard of excellence in the areas of curriculum, testing and spiritual formation. The Principal will report directly to and be annually evaluated by the school’s Administrator. The Principal will be contracted annually by the CHCS School Board of Education and will report monthly at the Board of Education Meetings.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Education Administration or Educational Leadership.
- Record of 5-10 years of effective classroom teaching or school administration experience is preferable.
- The ideal candidate for this position will exemplify a vibrant and visible relationship to Jesus Christ, a strong commitment to God’s Word and involvement with the Body of Christ through the local church.
- Candidates should be able to lead an outstanding faculty and staff spiritually and academically. They must also have a passionate love for elementary children and their families and cultivate an environment that fosters their education and spiritual formation.
- Strengths in curriculum assessment and knowledge of state and federal regulations for pre-school and elementary education are necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have strong relationship building skills and be capable of relating in a diverse environment while having a heart for evangelism and missions.
Duties and Character Traits:
- Maintain a vital and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ through the leading and empowerment of the Holy Spirit of God to impact every facet of his/her ministry.
- Articulate a clear understanding that he/she is called to the work of Christian education.
- Display a Christ-like attitude that is accepting and inclusive of the diverse body of Christ.
- Share Christian faith with children, families, faculty, staff and constituency.
- Demonstrate servant-leadership while practicing solid Christian discernment and assertive decision-making.
- Lead, guide, develop and motivate an excellent faculty and staff. Responsibilities include assessing staff needs, developing job descriptions, recruiting and hiring, coaching, documenting informal and formal classroom observations, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Demonstrate highly effective written, verbal and digital communication skills
- Communicate Chapel Hill Christian School’s mission and vision to school faculty, staff, students, families and constituents.
- Demonstrate successful teaching experience.
- Develop and nurture positive relationships with students, parents, staff, faculty, local churches and constituents in our diverse community while identifying outreach opportunities.
- Create a redemptive atmosphere of firm and fair Christian discipline with students and families.
- Assist Administrator in ensuring legal compliance to local, state and federal regulations regarding policies, procedures, insurance, etc.
- Assist Administrator in implementing required accreditation activities.
- Assist Administrator and Controller in the development of an annual school budget.
- Oversee curriculum development to ensure a Christian focus with academic excellence.
- Demonstrate the ability to conciliate and mediate when misunderstandings and differences arise.
- Collaborate with Administrator, Controller and staff to oversee admission process.
Application: Interested applicants shall submit to [email protected]: by January 17, 2020
- A detailed resume containing employment and education history with a minimum of three references.
- A statement of Personal Testimony of a relationship to Jesus Christ as Savior.
- A brief statement of Philosophy of Christian Education.
All faculty and staff are required to have current background checks on file with the school. All volunteers who work outside of the classroom are also required to have current background checks on file with the school. Resumes and completed applications should be submitted to the respective campus principal by email or address. Please call the school for further information.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Chapel Hill Christian School!